With near-universal vaccination rates on the Brown campus (exceeding 90%) and with ongoing monitoring of public health conditions, the University is gradually reducing the number of health and safety protocols in effect. Updates are continually available via the Messages to the Community page and all current public health protocols are outlined on the Campus Activity Status page.
Highlights of Brown's operations for the 2021-22 academic year include the following:
- Brown is requiring all students, faculty and staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine when they become eligible and to stay informed about the vaccines by learning about their safety, effectiveness and availability.
- Routine COVID-19 testing is mandatory for all Brown students, faculty and staff.
- Employees are engaging in a phased return to on-site work for the traditional 2021-2022 academic year.
- Travel restrictions remain in place, aligned with state law and public health guidance, and access to campus is limited for visitors.
- Updated policies for visitors and guests are designed to engage in community-building in-person, while also limiting risk and prioritizing the health and safety of community members.