Return to Campus
To facilitate a gradual increase in the campus population as the fall semester approaches, the following phased schedule for a full return to on-site work will be followed for employees who have been working remotely:
- Monday, Aug. 16: Employees and offices actively engaged in supporting the student experience, student move-in, peer leader training, pre-orientation and orientation programs, varsity athletic pre-season activities, and other similar activities will be expected to return in-person by this date.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1: Faculty and academic staff actively engaged in academic advising and support for new students during orientation (Advising Day is Friday, Sept. 3) will be expected to return in-person by this date.
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Faculty and academic staff actively engaged in teaching will be expected to return in-person by this date, which is the first day of classes for 2021-22.
- Monday, Sept. 13: All other employees and administrative offices will be expected to return in-person by this date.
In preparing for a full return to campus for employees, Brown has made key changes to day-to-day operations that will ensure our community will be safe as we reunite. These include:
- continued cleaning and ventilation protocols with increased outdoor air circulation and filter efficiency;
- touchless upgrades in campus facilities as well as strategically placed hand sanitizer stations;
- increased videoconferencing capabilities in classrooms and meeting rooms across campus; and
- and new administrative policies to help guide staff and supervisors as they plan for effective, productive and flexible work.
As of June 2021, employee designations for working on-site at Brown no longer are guided by Return to Campus plans.
The University has discontinued the development, review, and approval of Return to Campus Plans (research, academic and administrative). Departments and labs are now responsible for reviewing, approving and maintaining on-site staffing, as well as submitting all staffing changes directly to University Human Resources (UHR). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Last updated June 1, 2022. Information on this page may be updated as the University’s planning evolves and/or public health guidance prompts a shift in Brown’s operations and protocols.