Visitors and guests on campus specifically for Commencement and Reunion Weekend, May 27-29, 2022, are considered “limited-duration” visitors under Brown’s COVID-19 Campus Safety Policy. All academic and administrative units and programs are required to follow the University’s policies and current health protocols in place at the time for these visitors for any event or program taking place at Brown related to class reunions and graduation.
On Wednesday, May 25, the University announced the following requirements and protocols, given the high volume of activity and visitors and guests on campus for Commencement and Reunion Weekend and based on consultation with and following the recommendations of the Rhode Island Department of Health:
- Until further notice, all individuals – regardless of vaccination status – must wear a well-fitting KN95, KF94, N95 or disposable/surgical mask indoors, unless in a private, non-shared space (e.g., office or dorm room) or when actively eating or drinking.
- The indoor mask requirement applies to all University-sponsored events, on and off campus, taking place during Commencement and Reunion Weekend and to all attendees: faculty, students, staff, families, visitors, guests and vendors.
- Masks can be removed indoors by a speaker while making a presentation or delivering a speech.
- Individuals are strongly advised to take a rapid antigen test prior to attending large indoor gatherings.
Brown community members, visitors and guests should not attend any University events or functions if they test positive for COVID-19 and/or are experiencing potential symptoms of COVID-19.
Limited Duration Visitors
Limited-duration visitors are those with visits of three days per month or less. The following protocols apply for these guests:
- Visitors and guests are not required to submit proof of or attest to vaccination status.
- Visitors and guests are not required to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Guests and visitors are required to abide by the COVID-19 Campus Safety Policy and any requirements specific to the facility or program they are visiting.
NOTE: Departments and programs across Brown are expected to observe University-wide protocols for activities taking place in Brown owned- or leased facilities, and may not establish separate protocols or policies for guests participating in their events during Commencement and Reunion Weekend.