A COVID-19 Vaccine Working Group — co-chaired by Russell Carey, executive vice president for planning and policy, and Dr. Michele Cyr, professor of medicine and the Division of Biology and Medicine’s senior associate dean for academic affairs — is overseeing Brown’s education and advocacy efforts for the COVID-19 vaccine, as well as advising Brown’s president and the provost on matters of policy.
Vaccine Working Group
The COVID-19 Vaccine Working Group will assess and review expert COVID-19 vaccine guidance, information and authorizations from the Federal Drug Administration, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other federal and state government agencies, as well as the latest public health guidance and accurate, science-based information, to do the following:
- Oversee overall coordination, assessment, development of policy, and performance of the University’s efforts, activities and programs related to and in support of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Oversee and recommend education, engagement and advocacy to the campus community regarding COVID-19 vaccine, with a particular focus on promoting the vaccine as an important public health measure to be taken by faculty, staff and students.
- Develop and oversee a cohesive and multi-platform communications strategy for the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure messages are aligned and that the Brown community receives accurate and timely information using the full range of available communications vehicles, including the Healthy Brown website, Today@Brown, targeted social media, available e-newsletters, and posters and signage.
- If authorized by the state, oversee and advise on plans and operations for on-campus vaccination clinics, application, and distribution.
- Advise and make recommendations to the President and Provost on matters of policy related to COVID-19 vaccine, including whether the vaccine should be mandatory for students and/or employees.
The working group will consult and coordinate with Brown faculty with expertise in vaccine-related issues and areas of policy.
- Co-chair: Russell Carey, Executive Vice President for Planning and Policy
- Co-chair: Dr. Michele Cyr, Professor of Medicine and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the Division of Biology and Medicine
- Kimberly Almeida, Director of Benefits Operations in University Human Resources
- Dr. Vanessa Britto, Associate Vice President for Health and Wellness, Assistant Professor of Medicine, and Clinician Educator
- Barbara Chernow, Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Cass Cliatt, Vice President for Communications
- Eric Estes, Vice President for Campus Life & Student Services
- Eileen Goldgeier, Vice President and General Counsel
- Adrienne Marcus, Dean of Pre-College and Summer Undergraduate Programs
- Tanya Purdy, Director of BWell Health Promotion in Health & Wellness
- Marisa Quinn, Chief of Staff to the Provost